Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Random Recipe

Whoa!  I just made the coolest, weirdest, yummiest watermelon salad.  I found the recipe when I was cruising around Allrecipes.com looking for a watermelon salsa recipe.  I had recently been in The Greenhouse, a wonderful natural-foods-ish/ specialty grocery store in San Pedro on Ambergris Caye, and had noticed they carried fresh mint.  Since I had already purchased feta from there, I knew I had the ingredients to make this curious blend.  Anyhow, you must try this!  Sweet, salty, odd, wonderful.  I read all the reviews and made some changes, which I have already adjusted below.


Watermelon Summer Salad
recipe image
Rated: rating
Submitted By: Jessica Mayo
Photo By: Allrecipes
Prep Time: 30 Minutes
Ready In: 30 Minutes
Servings: 6
"Watermelon is tossed with onion, feta cheese and olives in this intriguing summer dish. Don't be scared by the ingredients, they work together to make a very tasty and refreshing salad. Go ahead and try it - be prepared for a pleasant surprise!"
Ingredients:
3/4 cup halved, thinly sliced red onion
1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
1 1/2 quarts seeded, cubed watermelon
3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
1/2 cup pitted kalamata olive halves
1/2 to 3/4 cup chopped fresh mint
1 tablespoon olive oil
Directions:
1. Place the onion slices in a small bowl with the lime juice. The acid of the lime will mellow the flavor of the raw onion. Let stand for 20 minutes.
2. In a large bowl, combine the watermelon cubes, feta cheese, olives, onions with the lime juice, and mint. Drizzle olive oil over it all, and toss to blend. Dig in and be prepared for a pleasant surprise!
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © 2010 Allrecipes.com Printed from Allrecipes.com 10/5/2010

No comments:

Post a Comment